- Grants parade permits
- Grants street closures
- Manages requests to speak to Council
- Collects information and prepares Council agendas and other information for Council
- Collects, organizes, and maintains records
- Records and submits City Council meeting minutes
- Administer Liquor License's and Non-Highway Vehicle Permit
The Village Clerk serves as the link between Village Council and citizens, as well as between the Village Manager and city employees.
The office of City Clerk for the Village of Yates City provides clerical, record keeping and administrative functions to the City Council and the City Manager. In addition, this individual performs many tasks that assist in guiding and managing the operation of local government policy and law. Below are just a few of the responsibilities of the Village of Yates City Clerk.